As always, when it comes to Probate related questions or concerns, it is best to speak with an Estate Attorney, Tax Attorney and a Certified CPA with experience in Probate. When you are selling real property in a Probate situation, it is critical to contact a Certified Probate Real Estate Specialist (CPRES). Team Red Brick has a caring professional Certified Probate Specialist on staff who will help prepare the home for sale to get top dollar.
What to Expect During the Probate Process?
- The Executor reads the Will and expedites burial instructions
- Meets members of the family and other interested parties and attorneys, if any
- The Executor takes immediate measures to protect and safeguard the assets
- Petitions the Court for probate of the will
- Appraises the value of personal and real property, and begins SALE process of real property: This is where our CPRES will be an important contact.
- Inheritance and Estate taxes are paid, and all claims settled
- Prepares final accounting and distributes property as directed by court
- Obtains the final discharge
At this time, real property can be sold. Please contact us today if you are an Executor or have a home in the Probate process for an analysis of value.